Amcolif Syrup (Expectorant) by Life Pharmaceutical Company
Drug Category: Expectorant/Antihistamine/ Sympathomimetic/ Demulcent
- Productive cough
- Cough associated with various allergic and inflammatory conditions such as common cold, bronchitis and asthma.
Each 5ml contain:
- Ammonium Chloride……………..100mg
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate…………2mg
- Sodium Citrate…………………58mg
- Ammonium Chloride: Its expectorant action is caused by irritative action on the bronchial mucosa.This causes the production of excess respiratory tract fluid which presumably is easier to cough up.
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate: It is the drug that selectively bind to but do not activate histamine H1 receptors, thereby blocking the actions of endogenous histamine. Included here are the classical antihistaminics that antagonize or prevent the action of histamine mainly in immediate hypersensitivity. They act in the bronchi, capillaries, and some other smooth muscles, and are used to prevent or allay motion sickness, seasonal rhinitis, and allergic dermatitis and to induce somnolence. The effects of blocking central nervous system H1 receptors are not as well understood.
- Sodium Citrate: It is use as an expectorant especially when it is desired to liquefy thick, tenacious sputum.
- Syrup in Amber Glass Bottle
- Syrup in High Density Polyethylene Bottle