Broncos DM Syrup (Triprolidine/Pseudoephedrine/Dextromethorphan) by Life Pharmaceutical Company
Drug Category: Anti-Allergic Agents/ Sympathomimetics/ Antitussive Agents
Indication: For the symptomatic relief of seasonal or perennial allergic rhinitis or nonallergic rhinitis; allergic conjunctivitis; and mild, uncomplicated allergic skin manifestations of urticaria and angioedema. Also used in combination with other agents for the symptomatic relief of symptoms associated with the common cold.
Each 5ml contains:
- Triprolidine HCl…………………..1.25mg
- Pseudoephedrine HCl………………30mg
- Dextromethorphan HBr……………..10mg
- Triprolidine: Triprolidine binds to the histamine H1 receptor. This blocks the action of endogenous histamine, which subsequently leads to temporary relief of the negative symptoms brought on by histamine.
- Pseudoephedrine: Pseudoephedrine acts directly on both alpha- and, to a lesser degree, beta-adrenergic receptors. Through direct action on alpha-adrenergic receptors in the mucosa of the respiratory tract, pseudoephedrine produces vasoconstriction. Pseudoephedrine relaxes bronchial smooth muscle by stimulating beta2-adrenergic receptors. Like ephedrine, pseudoephedrine releasing norepinephrine from its storage sites, an indirect effect. This is its main and direct mechanism of action. The displaced noradrenaline is released into the neuronal synapse where it is free to activate the postsynaptic adrenergic receptors.
- Dextromethorphan : Hepatic. Rapidly and extensively metabolized to dextrorphan (active metabolite). One well known metabolic catalyst involved is a specific cytochrome P450 enzyme known as 2D6, or CYP2D6.
- Amber Glass Bottle
- Syrup in High Density Polyethylene Bottle