Coflif Syrup (Antihistamine/Decongestant/Expectorant) by Life Pharmaceutical Company
Drug Category: Expectorant/Sympathomimetic /Antihistamine
Cough associated with nasal or respiratory tract allergy or respiratory spasm. Effective in upper respiratory tract infection of all type including common cold and bronchitis
Each 5ml contain:
- Ammonium Chloride…………..100mg
- Ephedrine HCl……………………….7mg
- Diphenhydramine HCl…………….8mg
- Ammonium Chloride: Its expectorant action is caused by irritative action on the bronchial mucosa. This causes the production of excess respiratory tract fluid which presumably is easier to cough up.
- Ephedrine Hydrochloride: An alpha- and beta-adrenergic agonist that may also enhance release norepinephrine. It has been used in the treatment of several disorders including nasal decongestant, asthma, heart failure, rhinitis, and urinary incontinence, and for its central nervous system stimulatory effects in the treatment of narcolepsy and depression.
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride: A histamine H1 antagonist used as an antitussive, bronchodilator, for dermatoses and pruritus, for hypersensitivity reactions, as a hypnotic, an antiparkinson, and as an ingredient in common cold preparations. It has some undesired antimuscarinic and sedative effects.
- Syrup in Amber Glass Bottle
- Syrup in High Density Polyethylene Bottle