Furalif Suspension (Furazolidone & Metronidazole) by Life Pharmaceutical Company
Drug Category: Antibacterial/ Antiprotozoal
Indication: Effective in the treatment of amoebiasis, balantidiasis, giardiasis, trichomoniasis, Bacterial vaginosis, cholera, dysentery protozoales, bacterial or mixed origin of bacillary dysentery.
Each 5ml contain:
- Metronidazole base…………..75mg
- Furazolidone: A nitrofuran derivative with antiprotozoal and antibacterial activity. Furazolidone acts by gradual inhibition of monoamine oxidase.It is active against Giardia Lamblia and against a range of enteric bacteria in vitro including staphylococci, enterococci, E.coli, salmonella, shigella spp, and vibrio cholerae. Furazolidone is bactericidal and appears to act by interfering with bacterial enzyme system.
- Metronidazole: is a 5-nitroimidazole derivative with activity against anaerobic bacteria and protozoa. It also has a radiosensitising effect on hypoxic tumour cells. Its mechanism of action is that these organisms reduce the nitro group and generate metabolites that inhibit DNA synthesis.
- Suspension in Amber Glass Bottle
- Suspension in High Density Polyethylene Bottle