Zadstak Suspension (Diloxanide & Metronidazole) by Life Pharmaceutical Company
Drug Category: Anti-Infective Agents/ Radiation-Sensitizing Agents
Indication: used alone as a primary agent in the treatment of asymptomatic (cyst passers) intestinal amebiasis caused by Entamoeba histolytica. Diloxanide may also be used concurrently, or sequentially, with other agents such as the nitroimidazoles (eg. metronidazole) in the treatment of invasive or extraintestinal forms of amebiasis.
Each 5ml contains:
- Diloxanide Furoate………………..250mg
- Metronidazole base………………..200mg
- Diloxanide : Diloxanide may inhibit protein synthesis.
- Metronidazole: Metronidazole is a pro drug. Unionized metronidazole is selective for anaerobic bacteria due to their ability to intracellularly reduce metronidazole to its active form. This reduced metronidazole then covalently binds to DNA, disrupt its helical structure, inhibiting bacterial nucleic acid synthesis and resulting in bacterial cell death.
- Amber Glass Bottle
- Syrup in High Density Polyethylene Bottle